The Pros and Cons of Braces
When you think of braces for yourself or your children you immediately think of the long hours of discomfort wearing metal braces, the notice to others when wearing metal braces, and the care of the braces while wearing the wires. There is a popular alternative to metal braces. More adults and teens are turning to two types of clear too nearly clear braces.
This seasoned orthodontics practice services clients in four locations, one in each of the four cities, Annapolis, Bowie, Crofton & Greenbelt, Maryland. Clients who need braces have the option of wearing two kinds of clear-type braces. The practice offers these braces because of public demand. The majority of clients, adults, and teenagers opt for invisible braces Versus the traditional metal braces. Parents may not have a choice when it comes to younger children needing braces and may have to have the traditional metal braces. This orthodontics practice can help you in this instance.
The seasoned and skilled doctor can assess if you are a good match for clear-type braces. While clear braces are the newest and the most popular of braces on the market today there are some pros and cons to clear braces just as there are to everything in life.
Metal braces are the traditional braces that have been in the marketplace for a good many years and are certainly the most common. You may have thought that this type of braces is very uncomfortable and unattractive. However, metal braces have evolved throughout the years and even though they are made with stainless steel and utilize rubber bands they are now made much smaller, are more comfortable, and more attractive than years ago.
- Metal braces are less expensive.
- Children enjoy choosing the colors of the o-rings.
- Metal braces are the most noticed braces.
- If you need braces and have a real problem with metal and the appearance of metal braces, we have two types of clear to nearly clear aligners made especially for the teenager in your life and the adult.
These braces are fashioned after mouth guards that help to align the teeth. These braces are worn two weeks at a time. Adults and teens adapt well with Invisalign braces. Invisalign braces gently move the teeth into the correct position causing less pain.
- These braces are meant for those with bite issues and are an ideal brace to correct this problem.
- You have no concern about avoiding certain types of food for beverages. These braces are nearly invisible. No one can tell at a glance you are wearing braces.
- These braces do not work well if you have serious dental issues.
- Teens especially can misplace these airliners.
- Invisalign braces are more expensive than metal braces.
Adults may opt for these braces. The material that these braces are made out of being translucent and invisible at first glance. The wires can be any color, making these braces a great fashion trend.
- These braces are not as visible as metal braces and are faster acting in aligning the teeth.
- Ceramic braces are more expensive than metal braces.
- These braces are a bit larger and more fragile than metal braces.
- You must be meticulous with your oral hygiene. You can flash a great smile and no one knows you have braces but you.
Call to Action
The doctors cannot help you make the best choice for braces until you make your appointment. You will need to find out how friendly and skilled the staff is at each visit in the cozy and homelike atmosphere. The doctors are all skilled at making the right decision that fits your budget and dental need.