The Madhya Pradesh Judicial Examination is conducted every year by Madhya Pradesh High Court for recruitment of Civil Judges or Judicial Magistrate. This year the exam got postponed due to the current ongoing pandemic. But with the latest updates, the exam will be held in December.
The application forms rolled out in September and the last date to fill the online application is 5th November 2020. This year 252 vacancies will be filled through this examination. MP judiciary mock test is conducted online on several platforms to gain knowledge about the main examination papers.
MP Judicial Exam pattern
The exam is divided into 3 phases, and each candidate has to pass one stage to qualify for the next one.
- Preliminary exams- 150 multiple-choice questions to be attempted in 2 hours. There is 0.25 negative marking if any wrong answer is given. The syllabus consists of Law, English, Computer Knowledge and General Knowledge.
- Mains Exam- Descriptive question of a total of 400 marks is there in Mains exam. There would be four papers of 100 marks each having a time limit of 3 hours.
- Viva Voce- After passing the Mains, candidates have to go through an interview round or Viva Voce consisting of 50 marks. Rankings would be based on marks obtained in Mains and Viva Voce round.
MP Judicial exam result
The exam result is usually declared in a few weeks after the exam is conducted. Candidates who passed the mains exam can only appear for the interview round. The result for the mains exam will be declared on their official website itself. The final result will be after the Viva Voce round. Stay Updated with all necessary information on their official webpage.
Eligibility Criteria for MP Judicial examination
Any Indian Citizen with educational qualification of 3 years or 5 years LAW degree from a recognised university can appear for the examination. The age limit to apply for the exam is 21 years to 35 years.
The application forms have to be filled online only. Go on to the official website of the MP Public Service Commission and visit the application link. After entering all the required details, upload a digital signature and scanned passport-size photo. Then the application fee is to be paid as the final step. The admit card is received by the candidate two weeks before the examination.
MP Judicial Exam Preparation strategies
MP Judicial examinations are vast and a bit challenging one. Proper preparation needs o to be done for months or a couple of years as well to appear in the examination. Here are some of the tips/strategies that can be followed to crack it.
- Have a thorough understanding of all the subjects and concepts. Every section has marks attached, so skipping any of them won’t be feasible.
- Ensure going through Judiciary mock tests and previous years question papers.
- Make a habit to read newspapers daily to be aware of what’s happening around.
- General Knowledge is the most important aspect of this examination.
- Enhance your writing ability for the essay writing section in the paper.
- Going by previous year papers analysis, the questions were from the syllabus itself and were doable.