Duvet covers have become a popular bedding item. If you have heard of them and want to know more, you have definitely come to the right place. In this guide, we will talk about all that you would want to know about duvet covers.
Duvet covers work for duvets exactly as pillow covers work for pillows. Just slip them over your duvets and let them protect your bedding and also serve as decorative items for your bedroom. In many ways, duvet covers enhance the feel of duvets, which is why using duvets without covers is seen as something incomplete.
Popular Types of Duvet Covers
Like most bedding products, duvet covers too are made from a wide variety of materials. In this section, we will take a look at the various materials and their respective pros and cons.
- Silk: If you are looking for out and out luxury as far as your duvet covers are concerned, the ideal material to choose would be silk. While silk duvet covers have high price tags, they certainly offer many benefits. For starters, a silk duvet cover naturally repels dust, which is a boon for sufferers of allergies and respiratory conditions such as asthma. Silk is also the recommended choice for humid climates.
- Cotton: A cotton duvet cover provides comfort and softness. When it comes to duvet covers, cotton is the most popular material. Cotton duvet covers require very little maintenance and are much more reasonable than silk duvet covers. However, when purchasing cotton duvet covers, you should ideally look for a 300+ thread count.
- Polyester: This man-made material is the best choice if you are looking for the most reasonable duvet covers. However, polyester duvet covers may disappoint on the comfort front as they tend to absorb a lot of heat and moisture. Polyester’s qualities make it ideal for colder environments where some extra warmth is always welcome.
- Cotton-Polyester: The cotton-polyester blend is recommended for those who want the added warmth of polyester without missing out on the comforts of cotton. While cotton-polyester duvet covers are typically more expensive than polyester duvet covers, they certainly do offer the best of both worlds.
Duvet Cover Benefits
- Keeps Duvets Clean: Duvets, particularly the ones made from down feathers, are premium-quality and hence, expensive. If you want such duvets to last long, you have to maintain them, which you can with the right duvet covers.
- Can be Washed Frequently: Duvets cannot be washed too often, which is one of the major challenges that duvet owners face in keeping their duvets clean. However, duvet covers don’t just keep duvets clean; they can be washed often as well. This means that even if your duvet covers get dirty, you can machine-wash them and avoid washing your duvets.
- Great Bedroom Décor: Modern-day duvet covers feature numerous elegant designs and if you buy an embroidered border duvet cover, it can significantly alter how your bedroom looks.
Find quality duvets and duvet covers at Pushplinen, a name that’s known for selling high-quality bedding products.